CALL US: 0800 USE HERBS
0800 873 437
FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $150 in N.Z.
(excludes vege boxes)
Meet the team
Privacy & Legal Policies
Terms of Trade
We are winners!
The Herbal Dispensary Range of Teas
Handcrafted Herbal Tea Blends
The Herbal Dispensary Green Teas
Pukka, Yogi, & Golden Fields teas
Herbal tonics/formulas and tablets
Herbal Dispensary Ointments/Balms
Herbal Dispensary Hair care
Herbal Dispensary Creams
Beautiful Gift Baskets
Smoothie & raw foods
Smoothie Supplements & Protein Powders
UMF Manuka Honey
Organic and Gourmet Food
Pacific Harvest Seaweeds
Herbs, Salts & Spices
... more in Organic and Gourmet Food
Organic Vege Box, Bulk Goods & a few shop favourites
... more in Shop Online
Please click here for more information on Laboratory Testing
Most popular tests
Natural First Aid Kits
Plastic Free July
cholesterol and a healthy heart
Schuessler Tissue Salts
making your own herb salt
Herbal help to give up smoking
Diagnostic Testing Specials
> flax original
Made from 100% pure cold pressed flax seed oil, flax original is our most widely used product for topping up Omega-3 levels. It tastes great too.
Flax seed oil is approximately 60% Omega-3 alpha linolenic acid (ALA), and also contains the Omega-6 linoleic acid (LA) and the monounsaturated Omega-9 oleic acid.
Research has shown that the majority of western diets are deficient in the Omega-3 essential fatty acids. While our bodies evolved on a diet with a 1:1 ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6, some researchers have estimated that many people consume more than 20 times as much Omega-6 as Omega-3. Long-term imbalance in fatty acid intake results in symptoms of sub-optimal health.
Why use it?
Flax original can top up your Omega-3 levels if you are experiencing symptoms of Omega-3 deficiency such as:
* Dry skin and hair conditions, soft or brittle nails. The most common symptom is some form of skin problem
* Inflammatory conditions - acne, eczema, psoriasis and arthritis
* Lowered immunity, slow healing and allergic conditions like asthma
* Vision problems and dry eyes
* Learning disorders and behavioural changes like ADD/ADHD
* Mental deterioration, depression and mood swings
* Weakness, low energy and fatigue
* Tingling sensations in arms and legs
* Excessive thirst or frequent urination
Furthermore, Omega-3 fatty acids have been associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. Studies have found that the Omega-3 in flax seed oil, alpha linolenic acid showed positive results in these areas:
* Protection against arrhythmia, a common cause of sudden cardiac death
* Reduction of LDL cholesterol, a risk factor for atherosclerosis
* Reduction of inflammation, a risk factor for atherosclerosis
* Protection against heart attack and stroke
* Possible beneficial effect on high blood pressure
The anti-inflammatory properties of flax seed oil hold promise for cancer prevention and tumour reduction.
Athletes looking for enhanced performance, endurance and shortened recovery time can find that flax seed oil helps in these areas due to improved oxygen transfer across cell membranes and increased breakdown of lactic acid. For your convenience, flax original is available in both liquid oil and capsule form.
Flax original is pressed from certified organic flax seed, Linum usitatissimum (Linseed). The oil is high quality, extra virgin, unrefined and contains no toxic substances or cholesterol. It is cold pressed in the absence of light, air and reactive metals and packaged in black HDPE plastic under an inert gas blanket to further protect it against light and oxygen.
cold pressed organic flax seed oil
Refer a friend
You might also be interested in ...
HELP & INFO
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
PRIVACY & SECURITY
CALL: 0800 873 437
0800 USE HERBS
6 WALLIS STREET, RAGLAN, NZ
ORGANIC & GOURMET FOOD
HOME & GARDEN PRODUCTS
HERBAL TONICS & TABLETS