CALL US: 0800 USE HERBS
0800 873 437
FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $150 in N.Z.
(excludes vege boxes)
Meet the team
Privacy & Legal Policies
Terms of Trade
We are winners!
The Herbal Dispensary Range of Teas
Handcrafted Herbal Tea Blends
The Herbal Dispensary Green Teas
Pukka, Yogi, Golden Fields & Other Tea Ranges
Herbal Tonics/Formulas and Tablets
Herbal Dispensary Ointments/Balms
Herbal Dispensary Hair care
Herbal Dispensary Creams
Beautiful Gift Baskets
Smoothie & raw foods
Smoothie Supplements & Protein Powders
UMF Manuka Honey
Organic and Gourmet Food
Pacific Harvest Seaweeds
Herbs, Salts & Spices
... more in Organic and Gourmet Food
Organic Vege Box, Bulk Goods & a few shop favourites
... more in Shop Online
Please click here for more information on Laboratory Testing
Most popular tests
Natural First Aid Kits
Plastic Free July
cholesterol and a healthy heart
Schuessler Tissue Salts
making your own herb salt
Herbal help to give up smoking
Diagnostic Testing Specials
Meet our new Naturopath & Medical Herbalist - Ella
Organic and Gourmet Food
> flax boost
What is it?
Flax Seed Oil is regulated as a food in New Zealand and Australia. It keeps you healthy and vibrant as part of a balanced diet.
Because the goodness of pure, fresh, cold pressed, unrefined, extra virgin flax seed oil is enriched with blackcurrant seed and evening primrose seed oils, this blend has a fatty acid profile that includes five important polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids.
From flax seed oil we have the primary Omega-3 alpha linolenic acid (ALA), the primary Omega-6 linolenic acid (LA) and the monounsaturated Omega-9 oleic acid. Blackcurrant seed oil contributes the secondary Omega-3 stearidonic acid (SDA) and the secondary Omega-6 gamma linolenic acid (GLA). We add evening primrose seed oil to top up the GLA. It is easier for your body to utilise these secondary Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids because no conversion is required.
SDA and GLA are the building blocks used by your body to produce 'good' prostaglandins - those with anti-inflammatory and anti-clotting effects.
This wide range of naturally occurring fatty acids is what makes flax boost so special.
Why use it?
* Some health problems can impair our ability to convert ALA and LA to the secondary Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. flax boost is therefore advised for people with stress, poor diet, vitamin/mineral deficiency, high alcohol intake, exposure to toxic chemicals, for smokers, and for people with illnesses such as hormone imbalance, infection, allergy, cardiovascular disease, cancer or diabetes
* GLA has been shown to bring improvement in PMS, rheumatoid arthritis, eczema, asthma, cardiovascular disease, ADD/ADHD, osteoporosis, diabetic neuropathy, multiple sclerosis and as an adjunct to cancer treatment
In short, flax boost should be the first choice for anyone wanting to ensure intake of a full range of Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids.
* Delicious flavour with a hint of blackcurrant
* Extra Virgin for premium quality
* Certified organic, so no concerns about purity
* Cold pressed and handled with special care to protect the integrity of the oil
* A vegetarian source of Omega-3
* Proudly grown and manufactured in New Zealand
Please note that GLA is contraindicated with temporal lobe epilepsy.
flax boost is pressed from certified organic seeds of the flax plant Linum usitatissimum (Linseed) and Evening Primrose. Uncertified blackcurrant seed oil is added. The oil is high quality, extra virgin, unrefined, containing no toxic substances or cholesterol. The oils are cold pressed in the absence of light, air and reactive metals and packaged in black HDPE plastic to further protect it against light damage.
omega-3 cold pressed extra virgin oil
Refer a friend
You might also be interested in ...
HELP & INFO
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
PRIVACY & SECURITY
CALL: 0800 873 437
0800 USE HERBS
6 WALLIS STREET, RAGLAN, NZ
ORGANIC & GOURMET FOOD
HOME & GARDEN PRODUCTS
HERBAL TONICS & TABLETS