CALL US: 0800 USE HERBS
0800 873 437
FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $150 in N.Z.
(excludes vege boxes)
Meet the team
Privacy & Legal Policies
Terms of Trade
We are winners!
The Herbal Dispensary Range of Teas
Handcrafted Herbal Tea Blends
The Herbal Dispensary Green Teas
Raglan Tea Company by The Herbal Dispensary
Pukka, Yogi, Golden Fields & Other Tea Ranges
Herbal Tonics/Formulas and Tablets
Herbal Dispensary Ointments/Balms
Herbal Dispensary Hair care
Herbal Dispensary Creams
Beautiful Gift Baskets
Smoothie & raw foods
Smoothie Supplements & Protein Powders
UMF Manuka Honey
Organic and Gourmet Food
Pacific Harvest Seaweeds
Herbs, Salts & Spices
... more in Organic and Gourmet Food
Organic Vege Box, Bulk Goods & a few shop favourites
... more in Shop Online
Please click here for more information on Laboratory Testing
How to use your and store your herbal teas
New Zealand Association of Medical Herbalists
What is Herbal Medicine
Organic Fruit & Vegetable boxes
Food as your medicine
Cacao - Raw chocolate
Herbs, echinacea, marshmallow and valerian
Herbs in the South Island
Enzymes for Energy!
First Light Flower Essences of New Zealand
... more in Blog
> Natural Rubber Teether - Single
Move mouse over the image to magnify
Natural Rubber Teether Ortho
Natural Rubber Teethers are extremely hygienic because they are molded in one piece. This means there are no joins or cracks in the Natural Rubber Teethers where dirt and bacteria can accumulate.
The Natural Rubber Teether is softer than silicone soothers, which makes it easy to wash and care for and also ensures that it won’t fall apart.
All Natural Rubber Soothers meet the Australian Safety Standard for soothers, code number AS2432-1991/2008. The Natural Rubber Soothers are also made to conform with the Pacifier Safety requirements by European standard EN1400.
The Natural Rubber Soothers are also tested by the internationally renowned company SGS for both compliance and also for traces of nitrosamines (proteins that can cause an allergic reaction to latex). Nitromsamines are eliminated during production of the The Natural Rubber Soother, (view this report here to see the non detectable status of nitrosamines), making them one of the safest soothers on the market today.
Many parents are now looking for toys and soothers that do not contain phthalates, which is typically used to soften toys for babies. While they make toys and soothers soft, they may not be so safe for our babies.
The Natural Rubber Soother contains:
• No BPA,
• No chemical softeners,
• No parabens,
• No PVC,
• No Phthalates.
Care of your Natural Rubber Soother:
Natural Rubber Soothers should be boiled in water for 2 minutes (and allowed to cool) before first time use. Afterwards they should be cleaned on a daily basis. Natural Rubber Soothers will slightly change colour during use. As the soother is made from Natural Rubber the texture and colour of the soother will change over time. Once the rubber is sticky to touch it is time to replace the soother as it is starting to breakdown and biodegrade.
Natural Rubber Soothers should be replaced every 8-12 weeks (depending on frequency of use) with the age appropriate size, if you and your child still need the additional support a soother can provide.
• high level of elasticity & flexibility of the material (silicone soothers have less elasticity than rubber and it can rapidly tear once the surface has been damaged),
• extreme durability (silicone teats are being used for long periods keep an eye out for any signs of damage)
• excellent pull-and-tear resistance
• Environmentally friendly disposal (silicone soothers are made from oil based materials and are a non renewable resource).
• non-static properties - latex does not attract dust
The Natural Rubber Soother is a green product as it produced using a sustainable raw material, the tree sap from the rubber tree used in our soothers is grown and made in Malaysia.
To Sooth or not to Sooth and are we encouraging the use of a soother?
Natural Rubber Soothers are not encouraging you to use a soother, but encourage you to do things that help you during tough times. You do not need to make soothers a permanent feature of your baby's life, Natural Rubber Soothers can help you through a rough patch. Ideal uses for a Natural Rubber Soother:
• Aeroplane travel - whilst the plane is ascending or descending air pressure changes and babies are unable to unblock their ears unless they are sucking and swallowing.
• Painful nipples - when you just can’t use your breast anymore as a comforter, a Natural Rubber Soother can give your nipples the chance to repair.
• Sleep Activator - Some babies drift off to sleep whilst feeding and when you transfer them into bed they can wake up. By using a Natural Rubber Soother during this transition from feeding to the cot, baby can use the Soother as a sleep activator.
• Optional Parent Helper - Natural Rubber Soothers are an optional parent helper, they are not always essential, as many babies will never need a soother. Every parent has different needs, providing safe alternatives for your babies in these circumstances are
Also know as natural rubber pacifiers, natural rubber dummy or natural rubber dummies
Contains 1 orthodontic rubber teether, which come in a handy carry case.
Natural Rubber Teether - Single
also known as a natural rubber teether
Refer a friend
You might also be interested in ...
HELP & INFO
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
PRIVACY & SECURITY
CALL: 0800 873 437
0800 USE HERBS
6 WALLIS STREET, RAGLAN, NZ
ORGANIC & GOURMET FOOD
HERBAL TONICS & TABLETS