Shop here for Rethink Eco produce bags
Not sure where to start?
Here’s some ideas to get you started
- Bring your own bags and or use our recycle bag depot
- Join our organic vege club, sign up for a weekly vegetable and fruit box and get your produce in a cardboard box
- Get your goods in a recycled box when you shop
- To reduce the use of cling wrap, we encourage you to ask us to cut up pumpkin as needed
- Make your own light weight bags to weigh fruit and vegetables in – a good material to use is curtain netting, recycle some old curtains! Alternatively we have recycled silk saris made into bags, and also the Indian cotton organic bags
- Get your cider vinegar from us, we buy in bulk and can fill your own bottle
- Recycle your plant pots, bring them back to us for a convenient drop of point for others to use, better still make your own pots with the wooden pot maker, all you need is some old newspaper! (we have these in-store)
- Invest in a bamboo toothbrush, we even have bamboo pegs!
- Bring your ideas to us on how we can help reduce our plastic use in-store
Bring your own cup/glass/jar /bottle for your juice and you get a 50 cent discount every time and invest in a re-usable straw, glass straws are available
Your chance to win each week
Every time you shop with us and bring your own bag, do something sustainable, or even bring us some new ideas you will enter a weekly draw for a basket full of goodies
6 Wallis Street, Raglan
Phone: 07 8257444
Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.
Plastic free July has finished, it has been a great success here in Raglan.
At The Herbal Dispensary we have given away a weekly prize to a customer who has reused or gone without a shopping bag. We have introduced our recycled bag depot which we will continue with, started stocking rethink bags, and also glass straws for our organic juices. We are giving a 50 cent discount off juices if you bring your own cup and are also now using bio degradable bags to bag our organic produce. All good initiatives which reduce our impact on the plastic waste stream and also support the companies who make these products available.
Our future plans include stocking more products in bulk so you can bring your own containers and looking at companies whose products are packaged in a sustainable way.
We are also looking at our packaging of our own ranges to see if we can improve on those.
Watch this space!, if you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know, we welcome your feedback.