Wanting to give up smoking but are finding the withdrawals and breaking the habit too difficult?
There are many natural methods, supplements and herbs that can help you.
I will share some recent success I’ve had with a client who had been a heavy smoking for 15 years, to kick the habit.
His treatment protocol was:
- He wanted to give up
- NAC or N-acetylcysteine. This nutrient has many uses but the reasons it is helpful for giving up smoking are:
- It can modulate neurotransmitters, (brain chemicals) especially those that play a role in addictions.
- In a recent trial participants who used NAC experienced fewer withdrawals and a less rewarding experience on 1st cigarette.
- It has powerful antioxidant properties, helping the liver detoxify the harmful chemicals that are found in tobacco. In the same trial, participants who used NAC showed decrease markers in DNA damage than the placebo.
- It can help the lungs by breaking down mucous and assisting with the removal.
- Herbs to support the nervous system and help ease any associated anxiety.
- Herbal tobacco to help with the habit of physically smoking. My patient used them initially when he really felt like actually smoking a cigarette but as the herbs are not addictive, he didn’t smoke as many
Outcome: after 2 months
Treatment will vary from one individual to the next and some of the nutrients mentioned are practitioner only products, so contact us to speak to one of our qualified practitioners for your personal plan.