Who is bone broth for?
The short answer is everyone! Bone broth is exceptionally great for:
- Families that are wanting an inexpensive way to provide super nourishing meals.
- Athletic people wanting an extra boost of nutrients.
- Gut health support.
- Autoimmune conditions or chronic health conditions.
- Immune health.
- Joint health.
How can it be used?
Bone Broth can be used as a base for soups, added to meat and vegetable dishes, or even sipped throughout the day! Turmeric is commonly added for flavour, and for its anti-inflammatory properties. Fresh turmeric and ginger can be added to unflavoured bone broths for flavour and their healing properties.
What are some of the vital nutrients/minerals found in bone broth?
- Glutamine & arginine – Ensuring optimal gut lining health.
- Proline – An antiinflammatory amino acid that helps to build healthy cartilage.
- Glycine – An antiinflammatory amino acid vital in wound healing and required by the liver to produce glutathione, a vital anti-oxidant.
- Collagen – Helps hold our bodies together and making our skin plumper.
- Bone Marrow – Helps to generate blood and stem cells.
- Magnesium – Aids energy production.
- Calcium – Maintains healthy bones.
- Phosphorus – Growth and repair of cells and tissue.
- Sulphur – Third most abundant mineral in the body, vital for optimal functioning.
- Sodium – Maintains blood pressure.
- Potassium – Critical in heart functioning.
We have a comprehensive range of bone broths in store ready to use!
The Herbal Dispensary, Raglan. Ph. 07 825 7444.